Monday, July 16, 2018

I DO like Mondays!

The good news is we've managed to avoid the rain so far.  The bad news is.... well there's no bad news.  Finally we are feeling in holiday mode and thankfully there has been more sunshine than clouds.  We also had another slight change of plans to head further north to Mildura rather than across into South Australia to Bordertown due to weather warnings of damaging winds set to hit the area.

Today on our way from Horsham to Mildura we took in the sights of a few of the painted silos in the area.  It really is mind boggling when you see how large these works of art are up close.  The ability to paint or draw has eluded me all my life - so the prospect of tackling something this large is just beyond my artistic comprehension.  The light was bad while we were visiting most of these so the true colours aren't reflected in these shots, but it's been a while since I've taken photos other than sunsets off our verandah at home, so I took the opportunity to play.








And then we happened across this little gem in Lascelles......


so of course to do my bit for obesity - I did..........  Someone has been having a lot of fun with corrugated iron!






The Lascelles Silo

Home Sweet Home for the next 3 weeks!


A bit of country without the western!


The view from my door tonight.  We booked in to a caravan park tonight and thankfully got a better site than our last stay here which was a nightmare to reverse into.  This one was easily navigated and I even got a compliment for the backing - although as I said to Shane - where were they when it's a hard site to get in and you ace it!


Tonight's fry up to go with some other veggies before the "Yamba Food Police" take it tomorrow!  One of the things that makes our caravan trips so much easier on the days where you get into your destination late is the pre-prepared meals I make and freeze before we leave.  Tonight was Meatloaf - commonly known as Eatloaf in our house and aside from the all time favourite meal of roast lamb is definitely Miss Kitty's next favourite people dinner.  But as we are crossing the border into SA tomorrow via Yamba where there is a quarantine station with officers who actually go through your fridge and cupboards to confiscate any fruit and veggies you might be carrying - we took the opportunity to rid ourselves of the contraband beforehand.  Guess who found out the hard way a couple of years ago that it wasn't a good idea at all to spend a fortune on fresh veggies and fruit in Mildura and then head over to SA!!!!!


Now look - I'm the first person to understand that businesses have to make a profit - but I'm appealing here to Mr Arnotts - WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ICED VOVO'S?????  I'll admit it's been a few years since I've bought a packet but geez - since when did dehydrated marshmallow become a thing?  Whatever happened to those puffy little pillows of pink perfection?  THIS?????  Sad now.  I think I'll have to find a recipe and make some of my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken Hill finally - then home!

Our final day in Broken Hill which we enjoyed at leisure.  Our morning was a relaxing one, reading and resting, probably the last opportunit...